Antigua and Barbuda citizenship program was launched in 2013. How many investors have received the Caribbean passport since then? Which investment option has been the most popular among the program participants? The citizens of which countries have been demonstrating increased interest in getting the second passport? Find the answers to these questions in the today’s article.
About 2,322 investors and their family members have received the citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda since 2013. In 2014, the government issued 252 passport, in 2015 — 655 and in 2016 this figure reached so far the record-high 1,016.
In the first half of 2017, 399 newly-made country citizens got their passports. There is no information about the second half of the year, but the popularity of the program is likely to have increased due to the reduction of the minimum investment amount.
For the period from January to June 2017, the sum of $14,750,000 was contributed into the National Development Fund. The total amount contributed within the period of the program existence has already exceeded $200,000,000.
The residents of which countries demonstrated increased interest in Antigua and Barbuda’s economic citizenship in 2017? The citizens of China come first (51% of the total number of applicants), they are followed by investors from Bangladesh (7%), Syria and Saudi Arabia (4% each), Russia and Egypt (3% each), Ukraine (2%) and other countries. There are even citizens of such countries as France and Canada on the list.
The total number of applications submitted from the program launch to June 2017 corresponds 1,121. If we bring this figure into correlation with the number of issued passports, we can conclude that group applications including investors’ family members are the most popular ones. 187 applications were submitted in the first half of 2017.
The most widespread option is donation into the National Fund. Throughout the term of the program existence, 771 investors (69%) have opted for this variant, 215 investors (19%) have chosen the variant of real estate purchase, and 135 applications (12%) have been connected with the investment into business.
The requirements for getting second citizenship
The Caribbean citizenship application processing takes up to 5 months. Investors who want to receive the passport of this country have several options to choose from:
- Purchasing a government-approved real estate object in the amount of at least $400,000.
- Making a non-refundable investment into the National Development Fund (NDF) in the amount of at least $100,000.
The investor can include a spouse, parents under 65 and financially dependent children into the application. The age threshold of dependent children has been recently increased to 28. Applicants must have no conviction record and problems whatsoever concerning business and personal reputation. One must also prove that the investment capital has been legally obtained.
Antigua and Barbduda’s citizenship provides plenty of advantages:
- Mobility — visa-free travel to 126+ countries of the world, including the United Kingdom and the Schengen countries. The opportunity to apply for a 10-year USA visa.
- Low tax burden and the opportunity to receive tax resident status.
- One is required to live only 5 days in the territory of the country within the 5-year period.
- Confidentiality — information about the second citizenship is not disclosed to any third parties.
- Luxury real estate is a liquid asset. A modern airport linking important transport nodes is located in Antigua. Apart from that, the place attracts yachting lovers with its prestigious regattas held in the islands’ territory.
The passport of Antigua and Barbuda: The best time to purchase it is now
In 2017, after a series of devastating hurricanes, the Government halved the minimum amount of contribution into the National Development Fund. Now the donation sum for the family of 4, with all the charges included, corresponds $146,000. This makes the program of Antigua and Barbuda the most affordable in the Caribbean. It was disclosed in January that the special offer would be valid only till October 2018. Thus, if you want to get second citizenship, you couldn’t wish for a better moment.
Interested in more detailed information about Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program? Contact us!
- We offer free consultations, understanding how important it is for the client to make the only correct decision.
- We work only in the field of investment immigration, integrating gained experience into the investor’s goal.
- We work only with official programs of the European Union and Caribbean countries.
- Before signing the contract, we inform our clients about all additional fees and expenses.
- We conduct a screening to assess the investor’s chances of obtaining the desired citizenship.
- We oversee the process at each stage and work exclusively towards the result.
- We are in touch 24/7.