Authorized agents promoting the citizenship by investment (CBI) program received an official letter from the Dominica Government about certain reduction of contributions and fees for family applications.
Reduction of costs for family applications
Some time ago, Dominica has simplified the terms and conditions for reunification of immigrant families by expanding the definition of dependents. Currently, the adjustment has been completed through introduction of changes to the structure and amounts of fees.
As to the significant updates, the following ones should be mentioned:
- The investment amount for a family of four has been reduced to $175,000. Previously, it was $200,000.
- A family application may include the siblings under 25 years of age, if paying an additional fee of $50,000 per person.
If you want to get a complete cost calculation for the Saint Lucia CBI program, please fill in our Contact Form, and we will prepare the cost estimate for any of the investment options.
Simplifications regarding dependents
In June in 2020, the Dominica citizenship by investment program was amended regarding dependents and family members of investors. Let us take a closer look at the respective provisions.
The term “dependent” includes:
- A spouse of the main applicant;
- Children of the main applicant (or his / her spouse) under 18 years of age;
- Children of the main applicant (or his / her spouse) between the age of 18 and 30 years;
- Children of the main applicant (or his / her spouse) above the age of 18 years who are physically or mentally challenged;
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his or her spouse;
- Siblings – biological or adopted – of the main applicant (or his / her spouse) between the age of 18 and 25 years, provided they are single and childless;
- Siblings – biological or adopted – of the main applicant (or his / her spouse) under 18 years of age.
Investments and contributions (donation)
- Direct cash investments — EDF contributions:
- Main applicant — $100,000;
- Spouse of the main applicant: $50,000;
- Siblings of the main applicant (or his / her spouse) between the age of 18 and 25 years — $50,000;
- Any dependent (apart from a spouse or a sibling of the main applicant or his / her spouse between the age of 18 and 25 years) — $25,000.
Please note: the total investment for a family of four, including the main applicant, a spouse and two dependents (except siblings) has been reduced and now amounts to $175,000.
Calculation example for a family application:
If an application under the CBI program includes the main applicant, his / her spouse, a child, mother and a sibling under 25 years of age, then the required contribution will amount to $225,000 ($175,000 + $50,000).
Additional conditions for family reunification
Within the family reunification, the main investor who has already acquired the citizenship of Dominica may apply for naturalization of additional dependents that could have been included as dependents in the original application. This is applicable to all investment types under the country’s CBI program. Such application shall be filed by the main applicant only.
The following requirements to procedures and documents shall be considered when investment applications are to be submitted:
- The main applicant shall make a sworn statement that the dependents aged 18 and older included into the application are fully supported by him / her.
- It is required to provide a letter from the competent authority confirming the applicant’s existing enrollment at the Institution of Higher Education. However, its notarization is not required anymore.
Some essential conditions to keep in mind:
- If one of the parents has sole custody of a child under 18 years of age, or if another person has custody of that child on a legal basis, then such parent or a person having custody of the child shall sign the application form on behalf of such child.
- In case of an adult dependent with disabilities that is unable to sign the application form due his / her disability, a person legally entitled to act in his / her name and on his / her behalf shall sign the respective application form. It is required to provide a relevant legal documentation to demonstrate such person’s rights to acquire citizenship.