The island of Saint Lucia isn’t known for its landmarks or attractions. Instead, it beckons global trekkers and tourists with its nature and climate, divers with the opportunity to explore the rich underwater world, and investors with the enviable benefits of Caribbean citizenship.
Setting course for Saint Lucia
The country of Saint Lucia is located on the eponymous island in the Caribbean Sea. Its main bargaining chips are its majestic landscapes, mountain rivers and waterfalls, multiple bays, nature reserves, fashionable hotels and samples of colonial architecture.
There are two airports on the island, George F. L. Charles Airport and Hewanorra International Airport. The second, larger one, regularly receives flights from Europe, Latin America, the United States, also from other Caribbean countries. The annual passenger traffic gets close to 500,000 people. It’s possible to book a transfer to any point of the island straight at the airport.
Saint Lucia has a well developed transport system. Holidaymakers have at their disposal rental cars, yachts, and even helicopters – to fly around the island or get to the neighboring islands. There are five large ports in the country, so it’s perfectly possible to reach it by sea. By the way, in 2018, a new terminal will be opened that will receive large ocean liners and Quantum-class cruise ships that accommodate five thousand passengers each. This will contribute to the development of the cruise sector and increase the number of tourists in Saint Lucia.
Since 2015, the dynamics of the international tourism market has been positive. In 2016, the Caribbean countries received 26.3 million cruise liner passengers, which exceeded the previous year’s numbers by 1.3%. In the first nine months of 2017, Saint Lucia was visited by 94,432 people, which surpasses the number of visitors of the corresponding period of 2016 by 14.5%.
Jade Mountain Resort
Is there more to Saint Lucia?
St. Lucia often places high in various prestigious competitions. In 2017, fourth time in a row, St. Lucia was declared winner in the “Leading Honeymoon Destination in the Caribbean” category at the World Travel Awards. The country has recently placed second in the Best Place to visit in the Caribbean rating, which was compiled by the US News & World Report agency.
St. Lucia is the destination point for the annual transatlantic regatta. The local underwater world is a true paradise for divers. St. Lucia is quite famous for its festivals and street carnivals. Since 1992, St. Lucia has held a two-week jazz festival, which is considered to be one of the world’s five largest jazz events, and in 2016, the first St. Lucia Dive Fest was held there.
St. Lucia is well-known among celebrities. Singer Amy Winehouse frequented the island, as well as TV personality Vanessa Lachey with her husband, singer Nick Lachey.
Saint Lucia’s citizenship by investment, farsighted choice
According to the terms of the St. Lucia citizenship by investment (CBI) program, an investor is eligible to apply for citizenship in case:
- They have a clean track record;
- They invest at least $300,000 in a government-approved real estate project (retaining it for 5 years) OR they make a non-refundable contribution to the National Economic Fund of St. Lucia in the amount of at least $100,000 (the minimum amount depends on the number of dependents).
After your citizenship application is approved and you obtain the status of citizen of Saint Lucia, you can:
- Easily travel around the world: St. Lucia passport holders can travel to 125+ countries, including the Schengen states, Hong Kong, visa-free, or obtain a visa at the airport.
- Obtain long-term visas to the USA and Canada.
- Expand the geography of doing business.
- Take advantage of St. Lucia’s tax system: no world income, wealth, capital gains taxes.
It should also be noted that there are no requirements to reside in the country before or after obtaining citizenship. Documents are processed within five months, and the process is confidential.
Jade Mountain Resort
Saint Lucian passport literally opens doors to so many countries, including the Schengen Area countries, and is a reliable Plan B for unforeseen circumstances. With your new passport, you can obtain a temporary residence permit in the EU. In fact, many non-EU investors have the easy EU access in mind when they are applying for a Caribbean passport, and not necessarily seek to put down roots in the Caribbean region.
Interested in more detailed information about Saint Lucia’s Citizenship By Investment Program? Contact us!
- We offer free consultations, understanding how important it is for the client to make the only correct decision.
- We work only in the field of investment immigration, integrating gained experience into the investor’s goal.
- We work only with official programs of the European Union and Caribbean countries.
- Before signing the contract, we inform our clients about all additional fees and expenses.
- We conduct a screening to assess the investor’s chances of obtaining the desired citizenship.
- We oversee the process at each stage and work exclusively towards the result.
- We are in touch 24/7.