The breathtaking Caribbean nation of St. Kitts and Nevis has long been admired for its natural beauty, its status as one of the world’s hottest tourist destinations, and its close ties to the UK and EU. What is most interesting about the aesthetically stunning country, however, is that it offers investors the chance to obtain its citizenship through the St kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program.
The Saint Kitts and Nevis passport is one of the most powerful in the world, not to mention the strongest one in the Organization of Eastern European States, and provides its holder visa-free access to a whopping 156 destinations worldwide including the UK, EU, Singapore, and many others.
We at Migronis, as experienced practitioners and seasoned experts in the field of St kitts and Nevis immigration, will cover the most important points you should know if you are considering obtaining a St Kitts economic citizenship, and will highlight why the magnificent St. Kitts and Nevis could prove an excellent option for you.
The benefits of getting a St. Kitts and Nevis passport are too many to include in one article, but we will give it a go and list the major allures of the program and the St. Kitts passport. Here are the top St kitts and Nevis citizenship benefits:
1. Global Mobility – The St. Kitts and Nevis passport grants its holder visa-free access to 156 destinations worldwide, the most prominent of which are the UK, EU, Hong Kong, Russia, and Singapore. Holders of the St. Kitts passport can also obtain a 10-year visa to the USA and Canada. The map below highlights the prowess of the St. Kitts passport.
2. A tax haven – Many investors worldwide choose St. Kitts and Nevis tax residency for their wealth. It makes absolute sense as the country’s tax regime is one of the best in the world, just take a look at the following tax rates in St. Kitts and Nevis:
It is no wonder then many investors choose to buy St. Kitts citizenship not only to gain travel freedom but to free their finances of any taxation shackles.
3. The more the merrier – St. Kitts and Nevis allow you to add an outstanding range of family members to add to your application, as St. Kitts and Nevis government allows you to add:
This means you can hypothetically add the entire family to one application and one investment, and all of them can enjoy the perks of becoming citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis.
4. Quick and Simple – The process of getting a passport is quick and simple and can be done in as little as 45 days without the need for physical immigration to st kitts and nevis or even travelling to the country! More on this is listed below in the article.
5. Affordable pricing – Obtaining a St. Kitts and Nevis passport requires you to invest an amount starting at US $150,000, we have provided an entire section in this article dedicated to explaining the investment options so you know exactly the St Kitts citizenship cost.
6. Let’s do some business – Being a commonwealth country St. Kitts and Nevis is perfectly positioned to act as a second base for your business, as its economic ties to the UK and EU are second to none.
7. A resolute “Plan B” – nothing is better than second citizenship when it comes to contingency planning. In the most difficult of times holding a St. Kitts second passport that can get you in and out of places quickly and efficiently is imperative for you and your family’s well-being. Take the coronavirus pandemic as a great example, with the global travel ban dual citizens had more options than those with one passport. Also, keep in mind that St. Kitts and Nevis only had 30 coronavirus cases throughout 2020.
8. A great second home – If you are looking for a retiring home, a new home, or just a change of scenery St. Kitts and Nevis is one of the best options in the world. As its pristine beaches, outstanding weather, low cost of living, English speaking population, abundance of activities, and internationally renowned cuisine makes it a great place to call home.
The benefits of a Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment are too much to count, yet we wanted to highlight the main ones that our clients get the privilege to enjoy. But enough of the why, and let us go to the how.
The St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program, established in 1984, is the oldest citizenship by investment program in the world. Since its introduction, thousands of investors and their families have obtained a St. Kitts passport and the popularity of the program is still growing on the global stage.
The program itself is simple and straightforward, as well as being reasonably priced. The premise is simple, the government of St. Kitts and Nevis has set out two investment options, which we will cover in more detail throughout this article, and investors choose one and are awarded a St. Kitts and Nevis passport and citizenship for them and their eligible family members.
The process, in addition to being very simple and not requiring any travel or status as a resident in St. Kitts and Nevis, is swift as well. The entire timeline is about 3 months in total, meaning you can start the process at the end of winter and have your St. Kitts second citizenship come summer. The government also provides an accelerated process that enables you to get St. Kitts citizenship and passport in just 45-60 days.
The program is quite simple as well, as the Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship requirements are extremely simple, for example there is no age limit, language requirement, residency permit requirement, experience requirement, or education threshold you must meet to be eligible for St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship. You only need to have a clean background, make the investment, and submit an application.
Due to the extreme popularity of the program, the government of St. Kitts and Nevis has created a specialized unit to handle the applications instead of referring them to the St. Kitts and Nevis immigration department. This unit has been dubbed the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU) and handles all matters related to the St. Kitts citizenship by investment program.
To give you a better idea of how the process works these are the main steps you will take to get your new St. Kitts and Nevis passport:
Yes. It is that easy.
St kitts investment citizenship is possible through two investment options which are:
Understanding which investment option is the best one for you is a crucial step in your journey to dual citizenship, so we will guide you through the basics.
Contributing to St. Kitts and Nevis’s SDF is a cost-effective option to qualify for St. Kitts citizenship. The premise is simple, through an outlay of US $150,000 investors are eligible for citizenship. This value increases as more family members are added to the application, as a family of four will incur a contribution of US $195,000, and any additional family member will require an additional US $10,000, while dependent siblings will require an additional amount of US $20,000.
The contribution option offers investors a direct, simple, and cost-effective route to St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship. This route is optimal for small family compositions or a single applicant.
Real estate has always been a fan favorite of savvy investors, and the nation of St. Kitts & Nevis considered this preference and added a real estate option in the mold of St. Kitts real estate citizenship.
To qualify for St. Kitts citizenship through the real estate option you must purchase a property or share in a world-renowned brand 5-star resort on the island in the amount of US $200,000.
This option proves valuable for many reasons, the top three of which are:
The government sets out a list of approved St Kitts real estate for sale that will qualify you for the program. There are plenty of options to choose from, some which come with a nifty ROI to boot.
To know which option is the most suitable for you check our free cost calculator here. You can play around with investment types, family members, and more!
The magnificence of the country, elegance and simplicity of the St. Kitts citizenship by investment program, and endless benefits of the St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship are all reasons why investors worldwide have, and continue to, flock to the St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program.
If you would like to know more about the program by getting an individual consultation from a seasoned St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship expert contact us today and begin your journey of becoming a global citizen.
The total cost of obtaining citizenship depends on the investment option, number and age of applicants, as well as the selected package of services. Fill out the form and within 10 minutes you will receive an individual cost calculation + comparison with other programs.
The St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program is the longest-running program of its kind, going strong since its inception in 1984 it has attracted thousands of investors from all around the globe. Obtaining a St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship and passport can transform your life, open new opportunities, elevate your global mobility, and […]Read the Article
The holders of a St. Kitts and Nevis passports enjoy elevated travel mobility throughout the globe, as the illustrious passport offers visa-free access to more than 128 countries (156 destinations) worldwide. This enhanced global mobility opens exclusive doors for the holders of the passport and allows them to move freely and without hassle for leisure, […]Read the Article
Here are some of the frequently asked questions we receive for the St. Kitts and Nevis program:
Getting the citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis through investment is quite simple, all you have to do is the following:
1. Find a licensed agent and sign a contract
2. Collect the required documentation
3. Make the investment and submit the application
4. Receive your passports and citizenship certificates
Absolutely! If you're looking for enhanced travel mobility, the St. Kitts and Nevis passport gives you visa-free access to 156 destinations worldwide. The country is also considered a tax haven, the program itself is easy, affordable, and you can add your entire family!
St. Kitts and Nevis is extremely safe, as a touristic country the government always aims to keep crime levels very low. It is a safe and secure place to visit or reside in. This is part of what makes the St Kitts and Nevis immigration program so popular.
The timeframe for st kitts and nevis citizenship by investment program is extremely short and takes about 3 months, you even have the option to pay for an accelerated process that takes between 45-60 days, making it one of the fastest citizenship by investment programs in the world!
It only takes 3 months to complete the process, unless you opt to pay for the accelerated service which only takes 45-60 days of processing. This means the process has an average timeline of 2 months!
St. Kitts and Nevis passports are issued for 5 years at a time and are renewable indefinitely. Meaning you and your family are forever citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis. One more thing to keep in mind is that just like issuing the passport for the first time, renewing it does not require traveling to St. Kitts and Nevis and can be done remotely!
St. Kitts and Nevis has a below-average cost of living compared to English-speaking countries. The average salary in St. Kitts and Nevis is approximately US $ 30,000 per year, meaning you could live comfortably in the Caribbean nation with an income rivaling that amount.
Our expert who has worked with more than 150 CBI cases in the Caribbean will consult you. He’ll describe all the peculiarities of the St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship program, its advantages and disadvantages, and tell you about similar cases from his practice.
Our specialist in the St.Kitts and Nevis CBI program will contact you to discuss all the details
Check out our cases
Is it worth buying real property in Saint Kitts to obtain citizenship? Analytics and alternative options based on case study.Read more